Georgia Nursing Workforce Summit
The nursing shortage in Georgia is critical and needs our immediate attention. The Georgia Center for Nursing Excellence is convening leaders at the Georgia Nursing Workforce Summit to discover the power of collaboration over competition and to generate momentum around a common purpose. We are at a turning point where the nursing workforce challenges cannot be solved independently. Strategic partnerships enable us to bring our best strengths together to solve the complex workforce challenges. The nursing workforce ecosystem can benefit as a whole by collectively sharing knowledge, experiences, and resources in addressing the nursing workforce challenges. The power in working together and cultivating intentional actions can have a profound impact on making Georgia the best place to retain and recruit nurses.
Join us on Thursday, January 20th for cocktails and dinner at the Fernbank Museum to honor healthcare leaders with a special speaker. Then meet us again on Friday, January 21st at the Loudermilk Conference Center for the summit.
Cocktails and dinner- January 20th. 6:45 PM tp 9:00 PM at Fernbank Museum- 767 Clifton Rd. Atlanta, GA 30307
Summit- January 21st. 7:15 AM to 3:30 PM at the Loudermilk Conference Center- 40 Courtland St. NE, Atlanta, GA 30303
The agenda includes:
• Keynote speaker: Dan Weberg, a recognized expert in healthcare innovation leadership, who will challenge current thinking, share innovative possibilities, and engage leaders around a common purpose
• Business panel with industry CEOs outside healthcare discussing re-engaging workers, and diversifying and expanding the workforce
• Fireside chat about virtual reality in healthcare – Bharani Rajakumar - Transfrvr
• Hard Truths: The Current & Future State of the Nursing Workforce by
Carol Boston-Fleischhauer; RN, MS, JD Advisory Board - Advisory Board’s Chief Nursing Officer
• Georgia Nursing workforce data
• DEI interview about Courageous Leadership
• Interactive session on Putting Humanity back in Healthcare by Institute for Healthcare Excellence
To ensure the safety of everyone, we are asking all attendees to be vaccinated or have a negative viral COVID test within the prior three days of the summit. Must present proof of vaccination or negative viral COVID test at the registration table.
Atlanta, GA 30303