Assisted Living Executive Director
Jewish HomeLife is looking for an Executive Director to lead our beautiful Assisted Living Community, Berman Commons!!!
Summary: The Executive Director will be responsible for oversight and management of all operational functions for Berman Commons, a 90 unit assisted living and memory care community, Overall responsibilities include resident services, dining services, facilities, environmental services and sales. The Executive Director directs the day-to-day function of the community in accordance with current federal, state and local standards governing long-term care facilities to ensure that the highest degree of quality care can be provided to the residents at all times.
- A minimum of three to five years of experience as an Executive Director managing over 90 plus bed assisted living community.
- Associate / Bachelor degree as required by state regulations.
- Must meet all applicable federal and state license requirements.
- Must have thorough knowledge of all applicable state regulations governing assisted living. Demonstrated experience in hiring, coaching, performance management and daily operations supervision.
- Experience managing budgets, reducing costs, and prudent staffing and a focus on growing both top and bottom lines.
- Excellent written and verbal skills for effective communication and the ability to facilitate small group presentations.
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent computer skills. PointClickCare knowledge is a plus.
- Must be able to react in an emergency situation.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated experiences in attracting, retaining and developing staff.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, maintain, monitor, supervise and direct all community departments and overall operations, including programs, activities, policies and procedures and implement changes as necessary.
- Responsibility for all financial transactions; Participate in accounts receivable and payable functions, as defined by supervisor.
- Coordinate with Corporate business office to collect rent and service fees by designated date
- Coordinate with Corporate Recruiter to recruit staff and manages performance, on-going evaluation, promotion and discharge of staff.
- Assure confidentially of all verbal and written information pertaining to residents and staff.
- Assist with preparation of an annual budget and adherence within budgeted guidelines.
- Assure all necessary supplies/equipment are purchased, maintained, and accounted for at all times within the community..
- Develop, schedule, plan staff in-services and meetings.
- Develop relationships with a variety of community agencies that can be of benefit to community.
- Develop one-on-one relationships with residents, families, and staff.
- Arbitrate complaints and disputes concerning residents, family, and/or personnel.
- Meet with and review and evaluate all recommendations of the community’s resident council and their meetings.
- Observe and enforce all sanitation, safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Prepare and/or oversee time reporting of staff and oversee all payroll functions to meet payroll deadlines.
- Coordinate with Sales and Marketing team to achieve occupancy goals and to ensure that the community has an effective business development plan and presence in the greater community.
- Coordinate details related to move-ins and move-outs.
- Meet with new residents and families to explain residency agreement and process at time of move-in and ongoing if questions arise.
- Coordinate with Director Nursing to ensure that each resident receives the necessary care and medical and psychological services to attain and maintain the highest possible mental and physical functional status
- If applicable, initiate resident/family conferences when a change of service level is required; Document goals and action plans and review dates on appropriate forms.
- Assure final determination on eligibility of continued residency.
- Assure continuity and consistency in delivery and quality of services.
- Assure state regulations are met and work closely with state oversight agencies; including review of state deficiencies and the development of plan of corrections.
- Maintain high degree of resident satisfaction and evaluate resident satisfaction regularly; Implement programs and changes to enhance resident satisfaction with approval of supervisor.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports as directed by supervisor.
- Assume on-call responsibilities on a rotational basis and assign on-call responsibilities to other staff on a rotational basis to ensure after-hours response to resident emergencies and physical plant problems.
- Organizes, maintains, and participates in weekend Manager on Duty.
- Ensure appropriate handling of on-the-job injuries as reported by staff and any incidents involving residents and visitors.
- Maintain and upgrade knowledge and implementation of standards and requirements specified by federal and state laws.
- Carry-out other duties as assigned by supervisor or as necessary to maintain quality and continuity of services, safety of residents, and security of premises.
Supervisory Responsibility: Supervises leadership team of Berman Commons including providing direction and feedback on performance. Member of Senior Leadership team of Jewish Home Life Communities.
- Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner.
- Must be able to mobilize throughout the building.
- Must be able to bend, sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 10lbs and a maximum of 25lbs with a minimum distance of 5 feet.
- Must be able to push/pull a cart up to 25lbs with a minimum distance of 5 feet.
- Must be able to operate basic office equipment.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use of prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that requirements of this position can be met.
Mental Requirements: Ability to analyze data, interact with residents, family members and staff.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
We follow the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Will you be able to reliably commute or relocate to Atlanta, Ga before starting this position?
- Assisted Living Director: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location