Business License Specialist for City of Dunwoody
This position is responsible for overseeing and managing the record keeping for all alcohol and business licenses. Responsibilities include receiving and processing applications for city alcohol and business licenses; responding to the public, providing information, and answering questions verbally and in writing; managing the City’s alcohol and business license records; collecting delinquent accounts, fees, assessments, and various tax revenues owed to the City; and, reporting financials to the City Finance Department. Duties are performed under the general supervision of the Revenue Accountant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages the City’s alcohol and business license records, ensuring that all necessary forms are completed accurately, and all supporting documentation is properly submitted.
• Receives and processes applications for city alcohol and business licenses; determines if applicant is in compliance with all City, County and State statutes and ordinances before issuing license.
• Communicates frequently with members of the public; responds to inquiries and provides information verbally and in writing.
• Establishes and maintains business license files as well as a monthly listing for new businesses for posting to the City’s website.
• Contacts unlicensed businesses and businesses with expired licenses by telephone and through written correspondence for proper compliance with licensing ordinance; prepares and issues notices for delinquent, unlicensed businesses and renewal licenses for businesses; and, follows through with necessary collection procedures.
• Collects delinquent accounts, fees, assessments, and various tax revenues owed to the City; produces receipts when applicant(s) pay fees; and, reconciles receipts daily and prepares receipts/monies for the Revenue Accountant.
• Stays informed of current City, County, State and Federal business license regulations to provide recommendations for needed changes in business licensing ordinances, policies and procedures.
• Prepares financial reports for the City’s Finance Department.
• Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
• Regular attendance and punctuality are essential requirements of the job.
• High school diploma or GED is required.
• Two years’ experience processing business applications and alcohol permits, preferably with a municipality.
• Prior bookkeeping and accounting experience is preferred.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable.
Salary: $45,224 - $72,359 (Non-exempt; hourly)
• 100% City-Paid Employee Medical Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Employee Dental Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Employee Life/AD&D Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Employee Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Wellness Program
• Vision Insurance
• Retirement Savings Plans
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Education Assistance
• Fitness Center Membership
• Vacation Leave, Holidays, and Sick Leave
Apply here: https://dunwoodyga.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2cbzjcsxgyg
Only candidates that meet all the minimum requirements above will be considered. The City of Dunwoody has been certified as a Drug-Free Workplace by the State Board of Workers’ Compensation. All job applicants for the City must undergo testing for the presence of illegal drugs as a condition of employment.