The City of Dunwoody is currently accepting applications for a Financial Analyst position.
This position is responsible for performing complex and routine accounting and financial duties associated with accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, fixed assets, and accounts payable. Duties are performed under the general supervision of the Accounting Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plans, organizes, and performs duties associated with accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, fixed assets, and accounts payable.
• Reconciles financial records and information and prepares journal entries as necessary; maintains appropriate back-up documentation.
• Assists in the development of policies and procedures for the accurate recording of financial transactions.
• Reviews and analyzes financial documents for accuracy.
• Processes bi-weekly payroll, including direct deposits and checks; prepares required reporting, including quarterly and year-end reports; occasionally works with the City’s payroll vendor to troubleshoot system errors.
• Maintains appropriate records of vendors and ensures vendors are paid in a timely manner; ensures payments are processed accurately by verifying vendor information, comparing invoices to approved purchase orders or requests for payments, verifying amounts and accounts are correct, and verifying appropriate approvals and all required supporting documentation exists for payment.
• Processes outgoing payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
• Answers vendor questions regarding accounts by researching cash disbursements and determining accurate and timely responses to vendor inquiries.
• Prepares revenue reporting, including Hotel/Motel Tax, Motor Vehicle Excise Tax and SPLOST.
• Reviews revenue receipting prepared by Revenue Accountant for accuracy.
• Works with the Accounting Manager in the completion of monthly reporting functions; analyzes financial data to ensure compliance with rules and regulations.
• Assists in maintaining appropriate records of the City’s fixed assets.
• Works with the Accounting Manager on matters related to monthly and year-end closing activities.
• Assists in financial reporting and preparation of information needed for the annual external audit, including gathering, analyzing, and preparing audit schedules.
• Completes various research projects for the Finance Director, Assistant Finance Director, or Accounting Manager.
• Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information; prepares other ad-hoc reports as necessary.
• Assists with cash management and reconciliation of bank accounts.
• Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
• Regular attendance and punctuality are essential requirements of the job.
• Associate degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a closely related field from an accredited college or university.
• Two years of related experience is preferred. Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position is required. Experience in a government organization is preferred.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable.
Salary: $52,750 - $84,401
• 100% City-Paid Employee Medical Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Employee Dental Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Employee Life/AD&D Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Employee Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Wellness Program
• Vision Insurance
• Retirement Savings Plans
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Education Assistance
• Fitness Center Membership
• Vacation Leave, Holidays, and Sick Leave
Only candidates that meet all the minimum requirements above will be considered. The City of Dunwoody has been certified as a Drug-Free Workplace by the State Board of Workers’ Compensation. All job applicants for the City must undergo testing for the presence of illegal drugs as a condition of employment.
Click 'City of Dunwoody' link above to apply and for addtl. details.